Summer is just around the corner. With school ending soon, it’s time to think about family vacations. Our family’s favorite vacation spots usually involves a lake or ocean front cottage.
A nice way to bring that summer feeling into your home year-round, is to decorate your home with a Beach House in mind. You can turn any home into a coastal cottage by introducing nautical decor colors and items from the sea. Keep reading to learn how to decorate a beach house.
Beach House Decor Ideas
Here are a few ideas to help you make your home a Beach House:
- Use seaside colors like crisp white, sand, spa blue, teal or turquoise for walls, furniture and accessories.
- Hang airy, light-weight window treatments.
- Add nautical decor architectural features like built-in beds and cabinetry.
- Replace carpeting with lighter, bleached wood flooring.
- Hang light fixtures or add lamps made from natural materials such as driftwood, coral or shells.
- Introduce white-painted bead board to the walls or ceilings.
- Add texture using area rugs made from natural sisal or jute.
- Hang seascape artwork on the walls where you don’t have a nice view.
- Purchase rattan, driftwood or wicker furniture.
- Use lots of blue and white striped cushions, throw pillows, rugs or window treatments.
Finish off your beach home decor with lots of nautical, beachy and seaside accessories like:
- Brass Port Hole Mirrors
- Models of Ships
- Sea Shells, Star Fish
- Accent pieces of natural coral, sea glass or driftwood.
Let K. Jillian Designs help you turn these “Beachy” ideas into reality before summer arrives.
See you next week,
Keysha & Connie